Friday, November 4, 2011

EVE Online Tribulations: Incarna, Noble Exchange, and Whatever Else



Liu-Alt


I haven't had the luxury of playing Incarna yet, however, all this hullabaloo about NEx, Aurum, actually makes me WANT to play EVE again. With the amount of interaction and integration being introduced through Dust 514, I am waiting till next spring to FINALLY buy a PS-3, pretty much for D514 only.

One must understand that CCP is a corporation, and as such, has responsibilities to it's shareholders as well as it's players. I imagine that keeping these two balanced is a bit hard at times, as one side wants profit while the other want's a bad ass game. For everything that is going on, EVE Online is still bad ass.

Anyway, I believe that people may be overly critical at the moment. I have looked at the history of major EVE changes, and, as usual, History repeats itself. Outrage, gnashing of teeth, and unsub threats abound... Subside... and those who DO leave... sneak back onto the scene three or four months later, just to realize, "This isn't all that bad." It had to happen eventually, and if CCP does the NEx thing responsibly, it can be a good thing. Just sell the gold ammo bpc's&bpo's, not just ammo. And if not, if people do start buying ships and ammo from Noble Exchange, just make or join a corp that has "Beemer-hunts" and kill the silver-spoonfed bastards.

If someone wants to wear a sparkly thong with skulls hanging on chains, just make a note on their peculiar fashion sense. Vanity items are nothing to me, I just wish they would let outsiders design some.

To me, EVE is the BEGINNING of something great. I hope it evolves into a perpetual world that lasts. With NEURAL NETS being developed, there is a possibility that we, one day, will be able to hook into a virtual world Matrix Style. I want that world, for me at least, to be EVE.

So, be easy on CCP. o/


1 comment: